Thursday, April 15, 2010

Night Owl working mornings

I'm naturally a night owl. I like to stay up late and sleep in to about noon. I work better at night.

Since I was a freshmen, I always worked the graveyard shifts, 2-6am, 12-4am. They were stressful hours. I would never sleep beforehand so I would just stay up all hours of the night and sleep in the next morning. That worked okay until I got the CA postion. Since CAs have to be on duty and can't work the desk when they are on duty, I couldn't not work the late night shifts. I was alright with that, I like to sleep like any other 23 year old.

However, after working those hours for several years, I grew tired of the hours and decided to change. I work mornings now. 6-8, 8-12, 10-2pm... and 4-6 am hours. It's a little hard for me to wake up sometimes and on Thursdays I work 6 hours with a three hour break between two shifts. I still retain my night owl ways so staying up late and getting up early is very hard for me.

I'm hoping my next job I have a little bit more regular hours.. in the day time.

No comments:

Post a Comment