Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Summer & Part-Time Apple Inc Jobs Info Session

One of my co-workers told me on Monday that Apple is looking for students to work from home during the summer and part time during the year. Since I am currently looking for a job, I thought it would be great for me to go. I went to an info session yesterday at 4pm. There was about 6 people attending so it was great to get some personal time with the presenters. During the presentation, the presenters talked about how well Apple is doing, how innovated and competitive they are. They threw sales numbers at us, saying how well sales are even in a down economy. About half way through the hour presentation, they actually started to talk about the job.

Basically, they are looking for current students to work for Apple as an IT for the iPhone. It's 4 weeks of training, full benefits (healthcare, dental, 401K, stocks...) and it's 40 hours a week during the summer and between 16-22 hours during the academic semester. You have to be a student (guess I can't do the iPhone IT job that they are talking about) and have between 12-17 credit hours during the fall semester. They don't want you to have too much of a workload and not do your job. They pay for your internet and new phone line (up to $50). I thought it was pretty cool, even though I can't do it. I asked if there are any opportunities for near-graduates and they said to go to the career fair that is today or apply online. Since my schedule is crazy, I can't attend the fair but I did submit my application on line to several jobs that Apple has. At the end of the session, there was a drawing to win a iPod. Guess who is now the new owner of a gen 4 iPod Shuffle? I had the lucky ticket and was beaming for the rest of the night.

I felt that they info session was a great help to me in exploring other positions that I thought I wouldn't be qualified for. I'm hoping to hear back with Apple in the next few weeks for any job offers. Not holding my breathe but I'm hopeful. This weekend, I'll be applying for more jobs in the area and getting my taxes done. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment