Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Duty Stories Three

This third story takes place in September of this last year, just after a month of being at my new residential hall.

It was a Saturday and we had just got back from 1am walks. We were both tired and decided to go to bed. Around 3:30am, I get a call about an paramedics responding to someone on the third floor. I'm still a little tired but I book it out of my room, without my contacts. I take the stairs to the third floor and I start seeing blood on the walls, on the ground and my heart sinks. I open the door to the third floor and I see a familiar face. It's one of my residents, just doors down from me. He's bleeding from the nose and maybe the head, I couldn't tell. I see my duty partner for that night and paramedics attending to my resident. I ask my duty partner what happened. He doesn't know for sure. All he knows is there was a party on my floor and my resident was drinking. My duty partner said that as he was going down the stairs, he tripped and possibly broke his nose. CAs can't really do anything in this situation, it's beyond us. ProStaff arrives and asks us what has happened and then proceeded to get information from the police officers. My resident is then taken in ambulance to the hospital because he wasn't responding to the paramedics. I'm pretty shaken up.

In a few days, the resident came back to the hall. He's fine. No broken nose but his parents heard what happened and are removing him from the university. I can't say that I'm surprised that he is going. All I could do was wish him well and hope that he's okay. It could have been a lot worse but thankfully, we responded quickly and he was okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment